Integration of Rescue and Microsoft Dynamics
Allow Microsoft Dynamics users to provide remote support using Rescue, with all customer and session details logged into Microsoft Dynamics.
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM Global Admin role
- LogMeIn Rescue account with access to the Administration Center
Install the Rescue Solution App
The LogMeIn Rescue solution app needed for integrating Microsoft Dynamics and LogMeIn Rescue is available from Microsoft App Source.
Log in to Microsoft Dynamics, and search Microsoft AppSource for the solution app to install it from there following the usual AppSource app install procedure.
In Microsoft Dynamics, navigate to
The Select Solution Package window is displayed.
Browse to and select the LogMeIn Rescue solution file associated
with this deployment, then click
Tip: The solution file is usually saved on a network drive. You will typically search for a zip file with a name like LogMeInRescue-Managed-[version.number].
For detailed information, contact your network administrator.
Proceed through the solution import wizard.
Attention: Make sure you select the Enable any SDK message processing steps included in the solution box.
Configure LogMeIn Rescue
Log in to the Rescue Administration Center.
Note: Don't have a LogMeIn Rescue Account? Request a Trial.
- In the Rescue Administration Center, select the Technician Group you want to work with on the Organization Tree.
Settings tab, navigate to
Exporting session data, and set the
Post session details ... fields to
Configure the Solution App
- In Microsoft Dynamics, navigate to .
- Double-click the LogMeIn Rescue solution item. The Solution: LogMeIn Rescue configuration window is displayed.
Production or the
This pre-populates the endpoint.
Note: Endpoint settings can be modified if necessary.
Enter your Rescue Company ID and Single Sign-On (SSO) password
(if SSO is to be used).
Note: You can find your Rescue Company ID and SSO password under .
- Verify your Microsoft Dynamics ORG URL is correct.
Enter your Office 365 tenant ID.
Tip: To find your Office 365 tenant ID in Microsoft Azure, navigate to , and copy your globally unique identifier (GUID) from the MICROSOFT AZURE AD GRAPH API ENDPOINT URL field.
Optionally, configure the following settings the way you want
your integration to work.
Option Description Require Active Tech Console: When selected, the user requesting the PIN is required to have an active Rescue session in the Technician Console. Close ticket at session end: When selected, the Rescue session record is automatically deactivated at the end of the session. This makes it possible to trigger other custom processes at this point. Reassign case on Session Start: If the session returned from Rescue is assigned to a different CRM user than the one assigned to the case in CRM, the case is reassigned based on the session record. Do not pass cfield1: When selected, Microsoft Dynamics does not pass the value of custom field 1 to the Rescue Technician Console. By default, this custom field is used to pass the email address related to the Microsoft Dynamics ticket.Tip: Make sure to select this option if you use custom field 1 to pass data other than the email address to Rescue, so your data is not overwritten.
- Click Save.
Configure each user you want to be able to use LogMeIn Rescue.
Create a LogMeIn User Settings record for the user by adding the following details:
- the user's Technician ID
- the user's SSO ID (if SSO is to be used)
- Auth Code is populated automatically the first time the user requests a rescue PIN Code.
Configure Application User
A global administrator of the Office 365 tenant can configure the user LogMeIn Rescue uses to write session data back to Microsoft Dynamics .
- Navigate to https://dynamics.logmeinrescue.com, and grant access to the LogMeIn Rescue App.
- In Microsoft Dynamics, navigate to
- Change the view to Application Users.
- Click New.
- Change the new user form to Application User.
- Enter the Application ID of the LogMeIn Azure Web App: 1e2716f5-fee6-4370-a121-baea6d360668.
- Enter Full Name and Email Address for the application user.
- Assign the LogMeIn Integration User role to this user.
- Where/when can I find
the PIN creation buttons for a new case?
The PIN creation buttons for a new case will only appear in the action bar after the case is saved.
- Where can I find
Rescue session details?
Once a Rescue session is completed, you can find the session details by selecting the drop down icon to the right of the case title, and selecting LogMeIn Sessions.
If LogMeIn session data is not being written to the Dynamics case, a Dynamics Administrator should check the status of the session key for the LogMeIn Rescue Dynamics application by following the below procedure.
- In MS Dynamics, navigate to .
- On the left panel, under Components expand .
The Session Key status is displayed.
If the Session Key status is in
Pending, manually activate the key:
- Under Create index for Session Key for entity LogMeIn Session. locate the failed job
- Select the failed job, and delete it using the X icon above the list of System Jobs.
- Navigate back to .
- On the left panel, under Components expand .
- Select Keys.
- Select the Session Key.
- Click .
- Refresh the list until the status shows Active.